Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Radiation Day 3

Fortunately, today's appointment was another quick one and I could run home for another cup of coffee and post my blog before school.  (Today is going to be a long day - the Book Fair will run to 7:00 p.m. and based on the last two days, my energy will run out about 5:00 - just when I expect business to pick up - so I know that nothing will get blogged once I get home.)

I found this list on a literary blog this morning before I headed out to Penrose.  I thought it was good enough to share. And I've added the author's book to my to read list. Actually it was already on my to read list, but I think I might move it higher up the list.

Found at Chick Lit is Not Dead.  Ellen Meister is the author of  The Other Life.


CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS: ELLEN MEISTER’S 5 DO’S AND A DO-OVER (I'm not posting the Do-Over. Though later I might post my own Do-Over. We all have them and sometimes, it might be good to air them out a little. But that's a post for another day.)
DO’S
1. Listen to your mother, no matter how old you are. She’s always right.
2. Leave the dirty dishes in the sink … to get up and dance … or make love … or take a phone call from a friend. The dishes will still be there when you’re done.
3. Say yes to the things that scare you. You will never regret facing your fears.
4.  Spend more time with the people you enjoy and less time with the people you don’t. Life’s too short.
5. Say “I love you” the moment you think it.
1. Those of you who know me know that I have never really followed this one - at least in regards to the woman who gave birth to me.  There are very good reasons for that - but I do listen to my surrogate mothers (my Granny, my Mom by Choice - Sue, and my mother-in-law - Patty. Sure miss her this morning.)
2.  Never had a problem with leaving the dishes to later, but I need to remember this in regards to when I need to be away from the library. As my principal often says - the library isn't going anywhere. The books will still be there when I feel better.
3.  I'm working on this one.  (No Tony, this doesn't mean I'm getting a tattoo - yet.)  Within the last year I have embraced motorcycle riding. And who knows, maybe someday I'll learn to ride on my own.
4.  I try to do this one as much as possible.
5.  This is one I truly believe in - tell the people who are important to you that they are - even if they already know that - it's nice to hear it voiced.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.  What's on your "DO" list?


1 comment: